Authentication of legacy .asp pages via ASP.NET Forms

Discussion in 'ASP .Net Security' started by Sergey V, Aug 10, 2006.

  1. Sergey V

    Sergey V Guest

    Hi Everyone,

    Is it possible to somehow configure the .NET application to handle
    authentication events for .asp net resources, but pass actual processing to
    legacy asp engine?

    My use case is

    1. I have legacy ASP application with plenty of pages. It will take about 1
    week to port them to .aspx/VB7 engine + same time for QA ... with no 100%
    guarantee everything functionally stays the same
    2. I have parent ASP .NET 2.0 application with ASP.NET Forms Authentication
    implemented
    3. In general I see only 2 choices
    a) leave former ASP application unsecured
    b) redevelop it for ASP.NET

    I'm looking for the way to configure ASP.NET application to delegate the
    processing of the resource to another engine (e.g.
    C:\WINXP\system32\inetsrv\asp.dll) after request was authenticated.

    Something like following for *.htm files but with another yet unknown to me
    handler
    <httpHandlers>
    <add path="*.htm" verb="*" type="System.Web.StaticFileHandler"
    validate="true" />
    </httpHandlers>

    Regards, Sergey.
    Sergey V, Aug 10, 2006