authentication Problem with asp.net and java-applet

Discussion in 'ASP .Net Security' started by aaapaul, May 4, 2004.

  1. aaapaul

    aaapaul Guest

    We are having an Intranet based on IIS 5.0 where I need Integrated
    Windows authentication:

    My Problem:

    I have 2 Possibilities:

    1) "Windows authentication"

    I only choose "Windows authentication" at IIS.

    My java applets dont work since Windows SP Xp1a (just Sun-Java)

    A java-dialog appears with Passwort-Query
    (Passwort erforderlich - Netzwerk) Firewall/Bereich/Schema

    2) "Windows authentication" AND "Anonymous access"

    I choose "Windows authentication" AND "Anonymous access" at IIS

    My java applet work (I think they need anonymous access), but then I
    have

    a problem with my asp/asp.net scripts.

    The user to connect to the database is not the windows user, then it
    is then IUSR_MACHINE.
    (I use Integrated Security=SSPI)

    Do you have any idea ?

    1) Can I config java applets to work with windows securtiy

    2) Can I get the real windows-user with asp/asp.net when I choose both
    authentications (not just IUSR_xy)

    3) Are there any changes in the IE-Settings necessary ?

    thanks
    paul

    p.s.:
    I use i.e. then Frontpage 2000 Applets (fprotate.class,fphover.class)

    p.p.s.: the problem exist since Windows XP SP1a (no MS VM any more)

    aaapaul, May 4, 2004