authentication problem...

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by RAB, Aug 4, 2006.

  1. RAB

    RAB Guest

    Hello,

    I have rented an asp.net hosting site on Godaddy.com. The site has a
    URL which for the sake of this question, I will call
    http://www.mysite.com. I created a directory which I will call
    'NewDirectory' and designated it as a root directory. I have forwarded
    another Domain name to this directory which I will call
    http://www.MyNewDomainName.com. (mask domain has been set). I have 4
    files under 'NewDirectory' login.aspx, page1.aspx, default.aspx and
    web.config

    My question is when I try to open
    http://www.mysite.com/NewDirectory/page1.aspx I am directed to the
    login page and can login appropriately and am sent to page1.aspx.
    However, when I try to point my browser to
    http://www.MyNewDomainName.com/page1.aspx I am directed to the login
    page also. However, when I put in the appropriate username and
    password I am not redirected to page1.aspx. I stay on the login page.
    Does anyone know why this may be happening?

    Thanks,
    RABMissouri

    RAB, Aug 4, 2006

  2. RAB

    RAB Guest

    Common Guys...did I stump all the masters?? Certainly not!

    I am told by Godaddy.com that I need to "fix my script"

    Here is the real life links.
    http://www.fullcirclesoft.com/vinyard/page1.aspx
    userid = "jeff"
    pswd = "test"
    functionality works

    I have a domain name that is forwarded to the same location with the
    following URL
    http://www.bertelsenvineyards.com/page1.aspx

    Same web page, but the login functionality doesn't work. Why? I can
    share with you the code of my page1.aspx and web.config if that will
    help.

    Thanks,
    RABMissouri

    RAB, Aug 5, 2006

  3. RAB

    RAB Guest

    An addenum: to see the improperly working functionality please click
    on the following link first.
    http://www.bertelsenvineyards.com/page1.com If you have already
    clicked on the first link, you will need to close your browser and open
    a fresh browser.

    Thanks,
    RABMissouri

    RAB, Aug 5, 2006