Authentication Problem

Craig Hann

Hi,

I've got a problem with an ASP.NET application I've just deployed for
a user. I'm using Windows Authentication on IIS 6 so that the users
have to provide an NT logon to access the site.

They then use a username/password pair as the site is set to user
Forms Authentication. The site uses MS Word server side to create
mail merge documents which are downloaded to the client.

It all works fine until they do a mail merge. I have a page which
appears in a popup, which has the document name and the primary key
for the record to be merged in the querystring. The mail merge is
done, and then the page is redirected to the merged document by
changing the content type to application/msword and using
response.writefile with the merged path.

This is fine, but when they print the document and close the window,
the 'main' application window now has an NT challenge dialog which
they have to fill in before the can carry on!

I can't recreate this problem - it appears to be something to do with
their configuration or ISP...

Can anyone shed any light on this problem?

TIA,

Craig.

http://www.catandmouse.tv