Authentication Problem

Discussion in 'ASP .Net Security' started by Craig Hann, Oct 19, 2004.

  1. Craig Hann

    Craig Hann Guest

    Hi,

    I've got a problem with an ASP.NET application I've just deployed for
    a user. I'm using Windows Authentication on IIS 6 so that the users
    have to provide an NT logon to access the site.

    They then use a username/password pair as the site is set to user
    Forms Authentication. The site uses MS Word server side to create
    mail merge documents which are downloaded to the client.

    It all works fine until they do a mail merge. I have a page which
    appears in a popup, which has the document name and the primary key
    for the record to be merged in the querystring. The mail merge is
    done, and then the page is redirected to the merged document by
    changing the content type to application/msword and using
    response.writefile with the merged path.

    This is fine, but when they print the document and close the window,
    the 'main' application window now has an NT challenge dialog which
    they have to fill in before the can carry on!

    I can't recreate this problem - it appears to be something to do with
    their configuration or ISP...

    Can anyone shed any light on this problem?

    TIA,

    Craig.

    http://www.catandmouse.tv

    Craig Hann, Oct 19, 2004