authentication problem...

Discussion in 'ASP .Net Security' started by RAB, Aug 6, 2006.

  1. RAB

    RAB Guest

    Hello,

    I have rented an asp.net hosting site on Godaddy.com. The site has a
    URL which for the sake of this question, I will call
    http://www.mysite.com. I created a directory which I will call
    'NewDirectory' and designated it as a root directory. I have forwarded

    another Domain name to this directory which I will call
    http://www.MyNewDomainName.com. (mask domain has been set). I have 4
    files under 'NewDirectory' login.aspx, page1.aspx, default.aspx and
    web.config

    My question is when I try to open
    http://www.mysite.com/NewDirectory/page1.aspx I am directed to the
    login page and can login appropriately and am sent to page1.aspx.
    However, when I try to point my browser to
    http://www.MyNewDomainName.com/page1.aspx I am directed to the login
    page also. However, when I put in the appropriate username and
    password I am not redirected to page1.aspx. I stay on the login page.
    Does anyone know why this may be happening?

    Thanks,
    RABMissouri

    RAB, Aug 6, 2006