    or a setting?

    if anyone could offer any clues i would be very grateful

    cheers

    steven scaife, Oct 27, 2005

  2. "steven scaife" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > Hello,
    >
    > I have enabled authentication for the site in iis and set the default
    > domain
    > to the domain we are on. This is working fine and when i list all the
    > server
    > variables it shows the auth_user as domain\username so all is good there.
    >
    > However we have a NAS server that has a hidden share and i need to be able
    > to check whether a folder exists in this directory. If i run the same
    > script from my PC and specify a folder i know exists it tells me the
    > folder
    > exists. Howver through iis with authentication enabled it tells me the
    > directory doesn't exist.
    >
    > I thought that as i have authenticated with teh server any requests i make
    > on that page would come from the authenticated user. Am i missing
    > something
    > or a setting?
    >
    > if anyone could offer any clues i would be very grateful

    Are you using Basic or Windows Integrated? If it's Windows Integrated, it's
    probably failing because in that scheme the password is never sent to IIS,
    so IIS cannot authenticate the user to the third machine - this is known as
    a double hop delegation issue. Switch to Basic and see if it works.

    --
    Tom Kaminski IIS MVP
    http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/

    Tom Kaminski [MVP], Oct 27, 2005

  3. thanks i was using integrated windows with basic authentication checked. I
    removed integrated windows and it worked.

    cheers

    steven scaife, Oct 28, 2005