authentication problems

steven scaife

Hello,

I have enabled authentication for the site in iis and set the default domain
to the domain we are on. This is working fine and when i list all the server
variables it shows the auth_user as domain\username so all is good there.

However we have a NAS server that has a hidden share and i need to be able
to check whether a folder exists in this directory. If i run the same
script from my PC and specify a folder i know exists it tells me the folder
exists. Howver through iis with authentication enabled it tells me the
directory doesn't exist.

I thought that as i have authenticated with teh server any requests i make
on that page would come from the authenticated user. Am i missing something
or a setting?

if anyone could offer any clues i would be very grateful

cheers

Tom Kaminski [MVP]

steven scaife said:
[...]

Are you using Basic or Windows Integrated? If it's Windows Integrated, it's
probably failing because in that scheme the password is never sent to IIS,
so IIS cannot authenticate the user to the third machine - this is known as
a double hop delegation issue. Switch to Basic and see if it works.

steven scaife

thanks i was using integrated windows with basic authentication checked. I
removed integrated windows and it worked.

cheers