Authentication problems

Freddy

Hi,

I have implemented Forms authentication in my website. But I am getting "You
are not authorized to view this page" when i try to access a protected file
in folder2.

In the root of the website there are two folders(folder1 and folder2) and
many other .aspx files.
Files in folder2 are protected. Login page is in folder2. Web.config file in
folder2 is as follows,

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8" ?>
<configuration>
<system.web>
<authorization>
<deny users="?" />
</authorization>
</system.web>
<location path="existinguserslogin.aspx">
<system.web>
<authorization>
<allow users="?"/>
</authorization>
</system.web>
</location>
</configuration>

This error is happening only when I uploaded the website to the production
server(win 2003). On development server(Win 2000 Adv) evrything works fine.

Can anyone guide me as to what is going wrong

Freddy

Freddy

Thanks ranganh.

In the IIS control pnale under WebServices extension asp.net allowed is
there.
I figured out the problem. I am trying to access the protected pages using
https: and in the web.config file in the root folder I am using https in the
loginUrl for the form authentication. I removed this https and specified the
file name directly and it worked.

Freddy

ranganh said:
Dear Freddy,

First let me know if you are able to access other pages.

Basically in Windows 2003, asp.net is prohibited by default and you have to enable the same.

Go to IIS Control panel and check the WebServices Extension. It will
display a list of accounts. Make the asp.net "Allowed". That would solve
the problem.