Authentication question

David Kleyman

I would like to find out if there is a way to SignOut() the user and
redirect the browser back to login page after time out period expired
I've added these settings to my web.config file but they don't seem to take
any effect
<authentication mode="Forms">

<forms name="frmLogin.aspx" loginUrl="/frmLogout.aspx?timeout=1" timeout="1"
slidingExpiration="true" requireSSL = "false"></forms>

</authentication>

I know that there is a "refresh" metatag that I can use like this one

but that refreshes the page no matter if the users actively typing something
into the textboxes on the page or if they are idle.

Is there something I can do to accomplish this?

Thank you

David

Jim Cheshire [MSFT]

David,

There is no way to do this because you are working in a connectionless
environment. The server does not interact with the client except in
response to a request from the client.

Jim Cheshire, MCSE, MCSD [MSFT]
Developer Support
ASP.NET