    ASP.NET 2.0 Membership & Role Management framework? If so....how?

    Thanks

    Griff
    Griff, Sep 29, 2006

  2. No, You can modify the Login control. What you need to do is -
    Click on the Control arrow where it displays the Login Tasks.
    Select Convert to Template.
    Go in source. Now you have the complete table HTML syntax for the Login
    control.
    Now you can make the necessary changes.

    Ameet Phadnis
    e Tek Global Inc.

    Ameet Phadnis, Sep 29, 2006

  3. Griff

    clintonG Guest

    Yes, it is trivial when using the login control that comes out of the box.
    First let the Membership provider authenticate the user name and password
    which is done transparently and then use the currently logged in user to
    look up their company name in the Profile.

    The hardest part is actually templating a login control and learning the
    code needed to authenticate user name and password which has to be written
    manually when templating these "new and improved" 2.0 controls but note:
    templating is the only way to request the company name on the same login
    form.

    The easiest but clumsy way is to use the login control that comes out of the
    box and then use AJAX on the same page to display a textbox used to request
    and capture the company name that is stored in the Profile. It is easy to
    learn to log somebody out if not authenticated in this context.

    <%= Clinton Gallagher
    NET csgallagher AT metromilwaukee.com
    MAP 43°2'17"N 88°2'37"W : 43°2'17"N 88°2'37"W

    clintonG, Sep 29, 2006