    ......I just want users from the Intranet to automatically
    be able to access the Internet pages without having to
    create a separate user on the Internet-side domain.
    Allan, Oct 1, 2003

  2. "Allan" <> wrote in message
    news:148801c3880a$c445dff0$...
    > Hi,
    >
    > I'm developing an Internet site that is going to be
    > password protected. I have one windows 2000 domain on the
    > Internet side of things, and another on an Intranet side.
    > Is there any way to authenticate a user that hits my
    > Internet pages against the Intranet user database?
    >
    > .....I just want users from the Intranet to automatically
    > be able to access the Internet pages without having to
    > create a separate user on the Internet-side domain.

    There would have to be a trust established between the two domains, and then
    you could and your intranet users to the ACLs on your content.

    --
    Tom Kaminski IIS MVP
    http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
    Tom Kaminski [MVP], Oct 1, 2003

  3. Allan

    Allan Guest

    Thanks Tom. Do you know where I could look to get started
    finding out how to do this?

    utilities for running IIS
    >http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
    >http://www.microsoft.com/windowsserver2003/community/cente

    rs/iis/

    Allan, Oct 2, 2003
  4. I imagine there's documentation on TechNet in the windows server areas.

    Tom Kaminski [MVP], Oct 2, 2003