    --
    Regards,
    Gary Blakely

    GaryDean, Jul 31, 2007

  2. GaryDean wrote:
    > Are there any actual examples on how to authenticate against Active
    > Directory using DirectoryServices? I've combed the docs but haven't found
    > much in the way of examples.
    >
    > I found....
    > Imports System.DirectoryServices
    > Dim myDirectoryEntry As DirectoryEntry
    > myDirectoryEntry = New DirectoryEntry("LDAP://...")
    >
    > but that's about it.

    At one time, I had planned on doing some stuff with AD more than just
    extracting the user's logon from the servervariables object. I looked
    around and didn't find much either but here's the links to what little I
    did find on the subject. Goodluck.

    http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/sds/sds/portal.asp
    http://www.codeproject.com/vb/net/ActiveDirectory_Group_VB.asp
    http://www.codeproject.com/aspnet/adsi1.asp
    http://www.codeproject.com/aspnet/adsi2.asp
    http://www.codeproject.com/cs/system/everythingInAD.asp

    Jim in Arizona, Jul 31, 2007

  3. GaryDean wrote:
    > Are there any actual examples on how to authenticate against Active
    > Directory using DirectoryServices? I've combed the docs but haven't found
    > much in the way of examples.
    >
    > I found....
    > Imports System.DirectoryServices
    > Dim myDirectoryEntry As DirectoryEntry
    > myDirectoryEntry = New DirectoryEntry("LDAP://...")
    >
    > but that's about it.

    OH yea. I forgot to mention another option. If you go to Google code
    search and type in System.DirectoryServices you'll get some code samples
    that may also help you.

    http://www.google.com/codesearch?q=System.DirectoryServices&hl=en&btnG=Search Code

    Jim in Arizona, Jul 31, 2007