Authentication using Active Directory

GaryDean

Are there any actual examples on how to authenticate against Active
Directory using DirectoryServices? I've combed the docs but haven't found
much in the way of examples.

I found....
Imports System.DirectoryServices
Dim myDirectoryEntry As DirectoryEntry
myDirectoryEntry = New DirectoryEntry("LDAP://...")

but that's about it.

Jim in Arizona

GaryDean said:
Are there any actual examples on how to authenticate against Active
Directory using DirectoryServices? I've combed the docs but haven't found
much in the way of examples.

I found....
Imports System.DirectoryServices
Dim myDirectoryEntry As DirectoryEntry
myDirectoryEntry = New DirectoryEntry("LDAP://...")

but that's about it.

At one time, I had planned on doing some stuff with AD more than just
extracting the user's logon from the servervariables object. I looked
around and didn't find much either but here's the links to what little I
did find on the subject. Goodluck.

http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/sds/sds/portal.asp
http://www.codeproject.com/vb/net/ActiveDirectory_Group_VB.asp
http://www.codeproject.com/aspnet/adsi1.asp
http://www.codeproject.com/aspnet/adsi2.asp
http://www.codeproject.com/cs/system/everythingInAD.asp

Jim in Arizona

GaryDean said:
Are there any actual examples on how to authenticate against Active
Directory using DirectoryServices? I've combed the docs but haven't found
much in the way of examples.

I found....
Imports System.DirectoryServices
Dim myDirectoryEntry As DirectoryEntry
myDirectoryEntry = New DirectoryEntry("LDAP://...")

but that's about it.

OH yea. I forgot to mention another option. If you go to Google code
search and type in System.DirectoryServices you'll get some code samples
that may also help you.

http://www.google.com/codesearch?q=System.DirectoryServices&hl=en&btnG=Search+Code