Authentication using Constrained Delegation w/Protocol Transition

Discussion in 'ASP .Net Security' started by Paul, Jun 29, 2005.

  1. Paul

    Paul Guest

    I have an intranet site set up using integrate windows authentication
    and Constrained Delegation w/Protocol Transition to allow domain users
    to access the site from the corporate lan or from the internet via
    https (using IE, Firefox, or Netscape 7+).

    I have 2 versions of a WSS abstraction that is used for
    accessing/managing sharepoint documents via the intranet site.
    One uses web services and the sharepoint object model while the other
    uses FrontPage RPC. The web services implementation works well for IE,
    Firefox & Netscape 7+ users logged on to the domain (behind the
    firewall or from the outside world via https).

    The FpRpc version works fine during development on my local machine(web
    server = http://localhost, WSS server = production server) but fails
    with a 401 when the browser is not running on the same machine as the
    web server. Setting the credentials in web request (see code below) for
    the FpRpc does not prevent the 401.

    Is there some juju I'm missing or should I just move the FpRpc code
    into the web service so its running in the same application space as
    sharepoint? I was hoping to use FpRpc INSTEAD of the web services, but
    that is looking less likely.

    Thanks
    Paul

    /*==== set credentials in web request ==== */

    HttpWebRequest webRequest1 =
    (HttpWebRequest)WebRequest.Create(targetUrl);
    webRequest1.Method = "POST";
    webRequest1.AllowWriteStreamBuffering=true;
    webRequest1.ProtocolVersion=HttpVersion.Version11;
    webRequest1.Credentials =
    System.Net.CredentialCache.DefaultCredentials;
    webRequest1.PreAuthenticate = true;
    webRequest1.ContentType = "application/x-www-form-urlencoded";
    webRequest1.Headers.Add("X-Vermeer-Content-Type",
    "application/x-www-form-urlencoded");

    Paul, Jun 29, 2005