Authentication using Constrained Delegation w/Protocol Transition

Paul

I have an intranet site set up using integrate windows authentication
and Constrained Delegation w/Protocol Transition to allow domain users
to access the site from the corporate lan or from the internet via
https (using IE, Firefox, or Netscape 7+).

I have 2 versions of a WSS abstraction that is used for
accessing/managing sharepoint documents via the intranet site.
One uses web services and the sharepoint object model while the other
uses FrontPage RPC. The web services implementation works well for IE,
Firefox & Netscape 7+ users logged on to the domain (behind the
firewall or from the outside world via https).

The FpRpc version works fine during development on my local machine(web
server = http://localhost, WSS server = production server) but fails
with a 401 when the browser is not running on the same machine as the
web server. Setting the credentials in web request (see code below) for
the FpRpc does not prevent the 401.

Is there some juju I'm missing or should I just move the FpRpc code
into the web service so its running in the same application space as
sharepoint? I was hoping to use FpRpc INSTEAD of the web services, but
that is looking less likely.

Thanks
Paul

/*==== set credentials in web request ==== */

HttpWebRequest webRequest1 =
(HttpWebRequest)WebRequest.Create(targetUrl);
webRequest1.Method = "POST";
webRequest1.AllowWriteStreamBuffering=true;
webRequest1.ProtocolVersion=HttpVersion.Version11;
webRequest1.Credentials =
System.Net.CredentialCache.DefaultCredentials;
webRequest1.PreAuthenticate = true;
webRequest1.ContentType = "application/x-www-form-urlencoded";
webRequest1.Headers.Add("X-Vermeer-Content-Type",
"application/x-www-form-urlencoded");