    they go through the firewall). The site is also recorded in the trusted
    sites section.

    Any ideas?
    Andrew J, Feb 14, 2005

  2. Andrew J

    Evertjan. Guest

    =?Utf-8?B?QW5kcmV3IEo=?= wrote on 14 feb 2005 in

    > I have an intranet asp application that sends emails that contain a
    > link to an intranet page. I have a case where one user is forced to
    > login to the windows domain when he clicks on the link, even though he
    > is within the firewall & his Outlook security settings specify
    > automatic login with the current name & password. This doesn't happen
    > with any other users (unless they go through the firewall). The site
    > is also recorded in the trusted sites section.
    >
    > Any ideas?

    What is ASPish about this question?

    --
    Evertjan.
    The Netherlands.
    Evertjan., Feb 14, 2005

  3. Andrew J

    Andrew J Guest

    Evertjan, it is an asp application & this was the best fit I could find -
    couldn't find any groups in the Outlook section that covered this area.

    Andrew J, Feb 14, 2005
  4. Andrew J

    Evertjan. Guest

    =?Utf-8?B?QW5kcmV3IEo=?= wrote on 14 feb 2005 in
    > "Evertjan." wrote:
    >> =?Utf-8?B?QW5kcmV3IEo=?= wrote on 14 feb 2005 in
    >> > I have an intranet asp application that sends emails that contain a
    >> > link to an intranet page. I have a case where one user is forced
    >> > to login to the windows domain when he clicks on the link, even
    >> > though he is within the firewall & his Outlook security settings
    >> > specify automatic login with the current name & password. This
    >> > doesn't happen with any other users (unless they go through the
    >> > firewall). The site is also recorded in the trusted sites section.
    >> >
    >> > Any ideas?
    >> >

    >> What is ASPish about this question?

    [please do not toppost on usenet]

    > Evertjan, it is an asp application & this was the best fit I could
    > find - couldn't find any groups in the Outlook section that covered
    > this area.

    That may be,
    [btw: you did not state the mail application: CDO, CDO'nt, Jmail, etc]
    but the problem is not ASP related.

    The mail received at the destination is not dependent on the asp[vbs/js]-
    code.

    Perhaps you could ask a outlook or windows security related NG?

    Questions on the CDO, CDO'nt, Jmail related side of the Q are on topic
    here if you show the code, but I doubt that is your problem.

    --
    Evertjan.
    The Netherlands.
    Evertjan., Feb 14, 2005
  5. Andrew J

    Andrew J Guest

    I have put this question on the general Outlook newsgroup. Can Microsoft
    re-organise the menu for all the newsgroups - it is a bit confusing now!

    Andrew J, Feb 14, 2005