Authorization, Authentication in Web.config

Discussion in 'ASP .Net Security' started by Guest, Nov 3, 2003.

  1. Guest

    Guest Guest

    Hi

    I am trying to ensure that users can only enter my Web
    service on a specific Login web page.

    I've amended Web.config so that authorization and
    authentication are as follows:

    <authentication mode="Forms">
    <forms name="logincookie"
    loginUrl="/LoginForm.aspx"/>
    </authentication>

    and

    <authorization>
    <deny users="?"/>
    </authorization>

    Then I build the solution.

    When I go into Internet Explorer I find that I can still
    go into another web page instead of being directed to the
    LoginForm web page.

    Any ideas?

    Thanks in advance.
    ..
    Guest, Nov 3, 2003

  2. Re : Authorization, Authentication in Web.config

    Hi

    Try using FormsAuthentication.RedirectFromLoginPage
    method

    The following link may be helpful to you
    http://www.4guysfromrolla.com/webtech/110701-1.3.shtml

    -Gopi

    S Gopikrishna, Nov 7, 2003