Authorization error (401) when loading treeview

Discussion in 'ASP .Net Security' started by GrantS, Oct 29, 2003.

  1. GrantS

    GrantS Guest

    I am having a problem loading a tree view web control.
    This problem does not occur on my development machine but
    occurs when testing on a QA server.

    We can load dropdown lists with data on the same pages.
    When attempting to load the treeview, a trace of the call
    to the database reveals no database security issue and
    the data is retrieved.
    I believe that the group permission and impersonation is
    setup correctly on the test machine (as we can access the
    application, the pages within the applicationand some
    data.
    The error log stack trace (see below) indicates that
    there is a final HttpWebRequest check (CheckFinalStatus)
    that is the point of failure. MSDN not too helpful in
    terms of anything I might have ommitted.

    Here is the Error log:

    The remote server returned an error: (401) Unauthorized.

    STACK TRACE:

    at System.Net.HttpWebRequest.CheckFinalStatus()
    at System.Net.HttpWebRequest.EndGetResponse
    (IAsyncResult asyncResult)
    at System.Net.HttpWebRequest.GetResponse()
    at System.Xml.XmlDownloadManager.GetNonFileStream(Uri
    uri, ICredentials credentials)
    at System.Xml.XmlDownloadManager.GetStream(Uri uri,
    ICredentials credentials)
    at System.Xml.XmlUrlResolver.GetEntity(Uri
    absoluteUri, String role, Type ofObjectToReturn)
    at System.Xml.XmlTextReader.CreateScanner()
    at System.Xml.XmlTextReader.Init()
    at System.Xml.XmlTextReader.Read()
    at
    System.Xml.XmlValidatingReader.ReadWithCollectTextToken()
    at System.Xml.XmlValidatingReader.Read()
    at System.Xml.XPath.XPathDocument.Load(XmlReader
    reader)
    at System.Xml.Xsl.Compiler.LoadDocument(XmlTextReader
    reader)
    at System.Xml.Xsl.XslTransform.Load(String url,
    XmlResolver resolver)
    at System.Xml.Xsl.XslTransform.Load(String url)
    at
    Microsoft.Web.UI.WebControls.TreeView.GetXmlReaderFromXPat
    hDoc(XPathDocument xmldoc, String TreeNodeXsltSrc)
    at
    Microsoft.Web.UI.WebControls.TreeView.GetXmlReaderFromStri
    ng(String TreeNodeSrc, String TreeNodeXsltSrc)
    at Microsoft.Web.UI.WebControls.TreeView.ReadXmlSrc
    (String TreeNodeSrc, String TreeNodeXsltSrc, String
    strOuter)
    at
    Microsoft.Web.UI.WebControls.TreeView.ReadTreeNodeXmlSrc()
    at Microsoft.Web.UI.WebControls.TreeView.DataBind()
    at CMSDataViewer.OrgUnit.OrgUnit.RefreshTree()
    at
    CMSDataViewer.OrgUnit.OrgUnit.cboGrouping_SelectedIndexCha
    nged(Object sender, EventArgs e)
    at
    System.Web.UI.WebControls.ListControl.OnSelectedIndexChang
    ed(EventArgs e)
    at
    System.Web.UI.WebControls.ListBox.System.Web.UI.IPostBackD
    ataHandler.RaisePostDataChangedEvent()
    at System.Web.UI.Page.RaiseChangedEvents()

    Hopefully someone can point me in the right direction
    with this.

    Cheers.

    Thhanks in advance. Grant S

    GrantS, Oct 29, 2003