    whenever any page in the subdirecotry is accessed by other groups.

    Thanks in advance,
    Viki

    viki, Nov 22, 2004

  2. viki

    Ken Schaefer Guest

    You will need to override the 401 error status that ASP.NET is sending back,
    and send back 200 instead (along with your custom text). When the webserver
    sends a HTTP 401 status, the browser decides what to do, and most will
    pop-up an authentication dialogue box (for the first three times - after
    that they will display a message saying that you are not authorised to view
    the page)

    Cheers
    Ken

    Ken Schaefer, Nov 23, 2004