    Has anyone done something like this? Is there a better way to accomplish
    this? Thanks.

    Jerry

    Guest, Dec 20, 2005

  2. I think what you don’t need to use a MS Word for this task. You can create a
    template using an HTML/XML and print it using the “window.print();†client
    side method.

    Alexey Borzenkov (http://alexborzenkov.iespana.es/)

    =?Utf-8?B?QWxleGV5IEJvcnplbmtvdg==?=, Dec 20, 2005

    Guest Guest

    The main problem with this is that the end user has to print a browser
    window, then... There is no control over the header and footer that IE
    might print is there? This has to be an official document. I want to
    control everything on the page, including the margins. I know i can do this
    by automating word... Can you do this in a browser?

    Guest, Dec 20, 2005
  4. Hi rlrcstr,

    I think completely control the printing at clientside for web page based
    application will be very difficult since the web page's clientside scripts
    has very restricted perimssions. And the printing setting is the clientside
    browser's configuration which is not accessible to page's script... So
    far, what I could get are the following approachs:

    1. create the complete print version document as word document at
    serverside( need to use word automation or use XSLT transform is utilizing
    word 2003 wordml....) and flush the word document to client brower and let
    the client use print it.....

    2. Use a popup web page window or web page dialog to show th print version
    of the document (we can set some browser window's setting such as address
    bar or ......), however, popup window is not quite good since most browser
    will now block it.....

    is your client application limited to IE browser? If so, we can consider
    using some IE specific dhtml scripts....

    regards,

    Steven Cheng
    Microsoft Online Support

    Get Secure! www.microsoft.com/security
    rights.)

    --------------------

    Steven Cheng[MSFT], Dec 21, 2005

    Guest Guest

    I'm using a Word automation solution. The only issue I'm running into is that Word doesn't always print. I think that the printing is getting canceleed when Word is closed by my script. Is there a way to see if Word is done printing before I close it?

    This is all code and I'm not making Word visible..

    Set objWord = CreateObject("Word.Application")
    objWord.Visible = True objWord.Documents.Add Replace(document.url,"TrxWizVCheckInfo.aspx","VCheckAuth.doc")
    objWord.ActiveDocument.FormFields("Total").Result = document.getElementById("TrxInfo1_lblTotal").innerText
    objWord.ActiveDocument.FormFields("PayerName").Result = document.getElementById("txtAcctName").Value
    objWord.ActiveDocument.PrintOut
    'I need to wait for Word to finish printing here...
    objWord.Quit 0

    Thanks.

    Guest, Dec 23, 2005
  6. Thanks for yoru response rlrcstr,

    So you're using client side vbscript to automate the WORD application, this
    will require the client user to grant our web applciation sufficient
    permission (in the trust zone for example....). Also, client side scrpit is
    not quite stable for rich application functionality. Would you consider
    using an ActiveX control or something else if you do need to do such rich
    client operations...

    | > Hi rlrcstr,
    | >
    | > I think completely control the printing at clientside for web page
    based
    | > application will be very difficult since the web page's clientside
    scripts
    | > has very restricted perimssions. And the printing setting is the
    clientside
    | > browser's configuration which is not accessible to page's script...
    So
    | > far, what I could get are the following approachs:
    | >
    | > 1. create the complete print version document as word document at
    | > serverside( need to use word automation or use XSLT transform is
    utilizing
    | > word 2003 wordml....) and flush the word document to client brower and
    let
    | > the client use print it.....
    | >

    | > 2. Use a popup web page window or web page dialog to show th print
    version
    | > of the document (we can set some browser window's setting such as
    address
    | > bar or ......), however, popup window is not quite good since most
    browser
    | > will now block it.....
    | >
    | > is your client application limited to IE browser? If so, we can
    consider
    | > using some IE specific dhtml scripts....
    | >
    | > regards,
    | >
    | > Steven Cheng
    | > Microsoft Online Support

    | > rights.)
    | >

    | > --------------------
    | > | From: <>
    | > | Subject: Re: Authorization Form
    | > | Date: Tue, 20 Dec 2005 14:05:25 -0500
    | > | Newsgroups: microsoft.public.dotnet.framework.aspnet
    | > |
    | > | The main problem with this is that the end user has to print a browser
    | > | window, then... There is no control over the header and footer that
    IE
    | > | might print is there? This has to be an official document. I want to
    | > | control everything on the page, including the margins. I know i can
    do
    | > this
    | > | by automating word... Can you do this in a browser?
    | > |
    | > |
    | > | "Alexey Borzenkov" <_(donotspam)> wrote in message
    | > create
    | > client

    | > will
    | > | need