Authorization Manager - caching??

Discussion in 'ASP .Net Security' started by SpaceMarine, Sep 16, 2008.

  1. SpaceMarine

    SpaceMarine Guest

    hello,

    for my ASP.NET 2.0 intranet apps i am using integrated windows
    authentication. for my RoleManager i am using the microsoft
    System.Web.Security.AuthorizationStoreRoleProvider. this uses a
    connection string to connect to our server's AuthorizationManager
    ("AzMan" snapin) role store, which is set to save to a local .XML
    file.

    this works and is cool.

    however -- it seems the role assignments made in AzMan are cached or
    delayed. meaning, i can open the AzMan .MMC snap-in on the server,
    make some changes, close it...but when i re-run a role-based webpage,
    it isnt aware of the change.

    only by re-deploying the webapp's .DLL does it seem to clear the AzMan
    cache -- webpages will then be aware of the latest AzMan role
    assignments.

    any idea whats up?

    thanks!
    sm