    greatly appretiated.

    Daniel Jin

    ps. I don't have 2003 server available in my environment
    Daniel Jin, Nov 10, 2003

  2. Do remember that you will have to use a Win2003 DC in native mode for the
    policy storage in Active Directory. The runtime can be on the Win2000
    machine.

    --
    Chaitanya D. Upadhyay [MS]
    To reply to this email, please use the newsgroup.

    Chaitanya D. Upadhyay [MS], Nov 14, 2003

  3. Dave McPherson [MS], Nov 14, 2003
  4. Daniel Jin

    Amit Chawla Guest

    Hi Daniel,

    I am having a similar problem. I downloaded the AzMan runtime from the
    MS website and installed it on my windows 2000 professional SP4 box.

    1. I created an auth store using the snap in on the 2003 machine.
    2. Copied the XML file on the windows 2000 pro box
    3. Tried to open the store using Keith Brown's AzBench

    And, I got the following COMException:
    _message "Class not registered"
    ErrorCode -2147221164

    I have a feeling that the installer for AzMan runtime did not do its
    job correctly.

    Have you had any luck?

    Thanks
    Amit Chawla

    Amit Chawla, Dec 9, 2003
  5. Daniel Jin

    Amit Chawla Guest

    Dave/Chaitanya/Daniel/Anyone

    Does Windows 2000 Professional SP4 support Authorization Manager? I
    need to use this technology and unforunately we dont have a policy of
    using server operating systems on our PCs...

    Please help...

    Thanks,
    Amit Chawla

    Amit Chawla, Dec 10, 2003
  6. Sorry for the late response, but the Windows 2000 AzMan is supported for
    server only.

    Chaitanya D. Upadhyay [MS], Dec 19, 2003