    It's running on a W2K Server sp4 w/ IIS 5.

    Thanks in advance.

    Andrew Davidson

    Andrew Davidson, Aug 12, 2003

  2. "Andrew Davidson" <> wrote in message
    > I have an asp page with just Integrated Windows authentication set.
    >
    > It works fine if it is accessed with just the server name, but it prompts
    > the user to enter their credentials if it is accessed with the full domain
    > name.
    >
    > Any suggestions on how to eliminate the login box? ( Without allowing
    > anonymous access...)

    In IE, Go to Tools -> Internet Options -> Security -> Custom Level -> User
    Authentication -> Logon and make sure it's not prompting for intranet use.
    You can also add your domain or IP to the no proxy setting to get IE to
    recognize it as the intranet. Tools -> Internet Options -> Connections ->
    LAN Settings -> Advanced.

    For security configuration you need to go Tools > Internet Options >
    Security > Local intranet > Sites... > Advanced > Add this web site or IP to
    the zone.

    --
    Tom Kaminski IIS MVP
    http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/