AuthorizeNet AIM gateway implementation questions

John Rowell

Hi,

I have been processing credit cards through my website using the
Authorize.net SIM system for quite a while. But now I have purchased a
secure certificate and want to let customers fill out their credit card
details on my website's secure server. Authorize.net told me this would
require switching to their AIM system. My website is hosted by a hosting
provider on a virtual server. I do have some areas of the website secured by
an ssl certificate. My question is how to submit credit card info from my
website to Authorize.net without using their own form on their server. I
searched the web for "perl https post" and found
http://forums.devshed.com/t16872/s.html which has a short sample script but
states that it requires crypt-ssleay to be installed. Is this something I
can install myself -- is it as simple as installing a perl script or
module -- or do I need to ask my hosting provider to do it? Also where can I
find this "crypt-ssleay" module to download it? My hosting provider is using
the latest version of Red Hat Linux -- is it possible it's already
installed? Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks,

John