AuthorizeNet AIM gateway implementation questions

Discussion in 'Perl' started by John Rowell, Apr 22, 2004.

  1. John Rowell

    John Rowell Guest

    Hi,

    I have been processing credit cards through my website using the
    Authorize.net SIM system for quite a while. But now I have purchased a
    secure certificate and want to let customers fill out their credit card
    details on my website's secure server. Authorize.net told me this would
    require switching to their AIM system. My website is hosted by a hosting
    provider on a virtual server. I do have some areas of the website secured by
    an ssl certificate. My question is how to submit credit card info from my
    website to Authorize.net without using their own form on their server. I
    searched the web for "perl https post" and found
    http://forums.devshed.com/t16872/s.html which has a short sample script but
    states that it requires crypt-ssleay to be installed. Is this something I
    can install myself -- is it as simple as installing a perl script or
    module -- or do I need to ask my hosting provider to do it? Also where can I
    find this "crypt-ssleay" module to download it? My hosting provider is using
    the latest version of Red Hat Linux -- is it possible it's already
    installed? Any help would be much appreciated.

    Thanks,

    John

    John Rowell, Apr 22, 2004