Auto-Completion in TextMate - What this ruby command means?

Discussion in 'Ruby' started by Human Dunnil, Mar 10, 2007.

  1. Human Dunnil

    Human Dunnil Guest

    Hello folks,

    Auto completion (option + escape) does not work for me in TextMate, I
    tried to debug it to find the problem, it generate a ruby command
    which I do not understand, may you please help me understand it:

    "ruby" -I "/Applications/TextMate.app/Contents/SharedSupport/Bundles/Ruby.tmbundle/Support/vendor/rcodetools/lib"
    -- "/Applications/TextMate.app/Contents/SharedSupport/Bundles/Ruby.tmbundle/Support/vendor/rcodetools/bin/rct-complete"
    -r "/Users/dunnil/work/letters/config/environment.rb" --line=4
    --column=5 2> /dev/null

    When I run it in Bash, there's no response, no exit, noting!

    This command supposed to do what?

    Thanks,
    - Dunnil
     
    Human Dunnil, Mar 10, 2007
    #1
    1. Advertising

  2. On Mar 10, 2007, at 7:49 AM, Human Dunnil wrote:

    > Auto completion (option + escape) does not work for me in TextMate,


    This is pretty off-topic here, I think. I saw your post on the
    TextMate mailing list and will respond to it there.

    James Edward Gray II
     
    James Edward Gray II, Mar 10, 2007
    #2
    1. Advertising

  3. Human Dunnil

    John Joyce Guest

    Uh, hey, Ruby and Rails are pretty much the biggest bling bling
    seller of TextMate, not to mention it IS widely used by Rubyists and
    Railers alike, and Auto Completion is often a source of frustration
    with it. Perhaps it is relevant here.
    At least as much as 20 percent of what goes on here for days at a time.
    It would be appreciated.
    On Mar 11, 2007, at 12:57 AM, James Edward Gray II wrote:

    > On Mar 10, 2007, at 7:49 AM, Human Dunnil wrote:
    >
    >> Auto completion (option + escape) does not work for me in TextMate,

    >
    > This is pretty off-topic here, I think. I saw your post on the
    > TextMate mailing list and will respond to it there.
    >
    > James Edward Gray II
    >
    >
     
    John Joyce, Mar 10, 2007
    #3
  4. On Mar 10, 2007, at 10:52 AM, John Joyce wrote:

    > Uh, hey, Ruby and Rails are pretty much the biggest bling bling
    > seller of TextMate, not to mention it IS widely used by Rubyists
    > and Railers alike, and Auto Completion is often a source of
    > frustration with it. Perhaps it is relevant here.
    > At least as much as 20 percent of what goes on here for days at a
    > time.
    > It would be appreciated.


    http://lists.macromates.com/pipermail/textmate/2007-March/018080.html

    Feel free to join the discussion there, or just follow along...

    James Edward Gray II
     
    James Edward Gray II, Mar 10, 2007
    #4
    1. Advertising

Want to reply to this thread or ask your own question?

It takes just 2 minutes to sign up (and it's free!). Just click the sign up button to choose a username and then you can ask your own questions on the forum.
Similar Threads
  1. linkswanted
    Replies:
    1
    Views:
    996
  2. ntwrkd
    Replies:
    0
    Views:
    323
    ntwrkd
    May 22, 2010
  3. ziggs
    Replies:
    2
    Views:
    208
    Henry Robinson
    Apr 21, 2004
  4. John Tar
    Replies:
    9
    Views:
    127
    David Vallner
    Nov 7, 2006
  5. Replies:
    5
    Views:
    138
    Phrogz
    Dec 21, 2007
Loading...

Share This Page