    to bring it up each time ;-)

    Regards
    Andy
    Andy, Mar 30, 2006

  2. Hello,
    I don't now if I understand you right.

    > Any ideas how I enable this appearance of the method description for
    > existing text? It is getting a bit frustrating having to type in a '.'
    > to bring it up each time ;-)

    Do you search strg+space ?

    Regards
    Michael

    --
    http://www.smurfi.de
    German NetBeans and GlassFish Site
    Kroll, Michael, Mar 30, 2006

  3. Andy

    Andy Guest

    Hi Michael,

    Sorry if it didn't make sense.
    As I type in code then the popup dialog appears correctly to display
    all the methods etc. of a variable as soon as I have typed in the '.'.
    What I find I am doing now is when I want to re-see the methods of a
    variable then I'll edit the code and go to a line with that variable
    and temporarily type in a '.' after the variable simply to bring up the
    popup dialog. I presume I am missing an obvious keyboard shortcut
    whereby I can highlight that variable and bring up this popup dialog
    without going through this palava?

    Regards
    Andy

    Andy, Mar 31, 2006
  4. Hi Andy,

    I think it work's like this.

    desktopPane.add(objInfo);

    When you go behind the add and press [strg+space] the popup dialog
    open's correctly and display all the methods etc.

    Regards
    Michael

    Kroll, Michael, Apr 3, 2006
  5. Andy

    Andy Guest

    Hi Michael,

    Yep, that's what I was after (Although 'strg+space' had me confused
    for a short while until I realised you had German keyboard - 'Ctrl' on
    mine!).

    Thanks

    Andy
    Andy, Apr 3, 2006
  6. Hi Andy,

    Andy schrieb:
    > Hi Michael,
    >
    > Yep, that's what I was after (Although 'strg+space' had me confused
    > for a short while until I realised you had German keyboard - 'Ctrl' on
    > mine!).

    sorry, yes i have a German keyboard and I have think about that.

    Regards
    Michael

    Kroll, Michael, Apr 4, 2006