Auto-create thumbs?

Dean J. Garrett

I've seen a couple of ASP sites that allow the upload of images and then
automatically create a thumb-nail equivalent of the image. Normally, I've
required users to upload 2 versions of the image themselves, but if there is
an automatic way to do it, that would be better. Does anyone know of a
technology that scales down an image to create a thumb?

Thanks!

Randy Rahbar

I've seen a couple of ASP sites that allow the upload of images and then
automatically create a thumb-nail equivalent of the image. Normally, I've
required users to upload 2 versions of the image themselves, but if there is
an automatic way to do it, that would be better. Does anyone know of a
technology that scales down an image to create a thumb?

If you want to use ASP.NET, you can do it pretty easily.

Here's an article that might get you started...
http://www.aspalliance.com/chrisg/default.asp?article=21