Auto Detect Plugins in Internet Explorer

Discussion in 'Javascript' started by MC, May 16, 2011.

  1. MC

    MC Guest

    I have developed a way to list all (all three types) of the plugins in IE.

    This code makes all plugin information available via JS. There is no need to
    query for a specific control. It will list all class names, class ID's, and
    versions of all plugins. This code does NOT make use of a resource list of
    plugins that need to be updated periodically to search.

    My question is, is this something that others are interested in? Any unique
    ideas on how to use it?

    Here is some sample data retrieved:
    Microsoft.XMLDOM.1.0
    Microsoft.XMLHTTP.1.0