auto emailing myself everytime I get a hit on a certain webpage

Discussion in 'Javascript' started by Richard Hollenbeck, Jan 18, 2004.

  1. Is there JavaScript code I could insert into a page to
    automatically notfy me by email everytime I get a hit on a certain webpage?

    Richard Hollenbeck, Jan 18, 2004

  2. On Sun, 18 Jan 2004 15:11:32 GMT, Richard Hollenbeck
    <> wrote:

    > Is there JavaScript code I could insert into a page to
    > automatically notfy me by email everytime I get a hit on a certain
    > webpage?

    The solution would undoubtedly use a server-side mail script, but it
    should be possible[1].

    However, a single user could *easily* end up sending you hundreds of
    e-mails. Then there's the awkward business of determining a unique hit[2]
    when performed client-side.

    Overall, I don't think I'd recommend this.

    Mike

    [1] Most likely using a minuscule IFrame as a form submittal or page
    change would be involved.
    [2] Separate from the previous issue.

    --
    Michael Winter