Auto-generate C++ to UML "overall class hierarchy"?

Matt

Hello,

I would like to generate what I call an "overall class hierarchy" in
UML automatically derived from my C++ code source.

An example of what I seek:

http://biz2tek.com/tmp/overall-class-hierarchy-sde

(This link may be temporary; email me if you can't get access to it, I
can provide a copy.) This was derived from Java source; there seem to
be many Java-oriented tools for such a thing, but fewer for C++.

Can anyone provide recommendations, suggetions, pointers, further
reading?

My initial tool requirements:

* Inexpensive: less then $200, or even better open-source or
some sort of shareware
* Eclipse plugin
* WindowsXP port
* Optional Linux port

I'm not yet requiring "forward engineering" (model to code), but I
might be interested in the future.

I include an email to the Doxygen-users email list detailing how I am
trying to use Doxygen to do this. I have also tried
Visual-Paradigm.com's SDE (with ecplise), but I have yet to get it to
work for my C++ stuff. The attached .gif file shows SDE (plugged into
Eclipse 3.0.1) displaying what I call an "overall class hierarchy" for
a set of Java source.

More details in the email below, if you are interested.

I have been researching other possible tools, but I was first
interested in getting community feedback before I try more things on
my own.

Thanks for any help!
-Matt