auto generate htnl for dynamic website

vikram

I am developing a display web site which displays several listing and
details, data is picked up from database for the lists. There is no search
criteria but only pagination stuff.
What i am thinkin gis to create a program which will read data and generate
static html pages for the lists and dump the pages on the web server. when
user will acees they will acces html pages instead of aspx pages, helps
perfroamnce improveents.
Is it a right approach? Ha anyone done this kind of thing?

Guest

You could certainly do that. Or, you could just use output caching on the
ASP.NET pages which could give you the best of both worlds.
Peter

John Timney \(MVP\)

What Peter is suggesting is exactly what I do with my own web site, I take
Peters RSS feed (and others), cache it and use it to drive the site. Its on
an old 733 mhz server. but the cache certainly compensates for it not being
html. One request for each RSS feed results in an object being cached, and
the cached object used for pagination.

I'm currently looking to see what I can improve with IIS6's Kernel Caching
on the site (just for fun though!!)

-
Regards

John Timney (MVP)
VISIT MY WEBSITE:
http://www.johntimney.com

John Timney \(MVP\)

Thanks Peter!

I think any cached page with VaryByParam="None" causes IIS6 to use the
kernel and not call the runtime at all for that page request. There is bound
to be one or two places I can use it. I need to do some digging about on it
as I've not read up on it for a while. Gotta squeeze those CPU cycles as
best as I can given the lowly kit I'm using.

--
Regards

John Timney (MVP)
VISIT MY WEBSITE: