    do when Edit is used. If it is possible, how is something like that
    accomplished? Examples/samples are good as well as links to sites.
    Thanks... John

    JohnE, Sep 21, 2009

  2. =?Utf-8?B?Sm9obkU=?= <> wrote in
    news::

    > In the gridview control there can be autogenerated commands (Select,
    > Edit, etc). When Edit is selected, two other commands appear, Update
    > and Cancel. Is it possible to have commands appear when the Select
    > command is used? These other commands would appear and disappear in
    > the same manner as those do when Edit is used. If it is possible, how
    > is something like that accomplished? Examples/samples are good as
    > well as links to sites. Thanks... John

    If you explicitly code the tags, you can set up as many button fields
    (ButtonColumns) as you desire, with each accomplishing a different thing.
    http://www.ezzylearning.com/tutorial.aspx?tid=5066444

    This can be done in the code, as well:
    http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-
    us/library/system.web.ui.webcontrols.buttoncolumn.aspx

    --
    Gregory A. Beamer
    MVP; MCP: +I, SE, SD, DBA

    Twitter: @gbworld

    My vacation and childhood cancer awareness site:
    http://www.crazycancertour.com

    | Think outside the box! |

    Gregory A. Beamer, Sep 21, 2009

  3. JohnE

    JohnE Guest

    "Gregory A. Beamer" wrote:

    > =?Utf-8?B?Sm9obkU=?= <> wrote in
    >
    > > In the gridview control there can be autogenerated commands (Select,
    > > Edit, etc). When Edit is selected, two other commands appear, Update
    > > and Cancel. Is it possible to have commands appear when the Select
    > > command is used? These other commands would appear and disappear in
    > > the same manner as those do when Edit is used. If it is possible, how
    > > is something like that accomplished? Examples/samples are good as
    > > well as links to sites. Thanks... John

    > If you explicitly code the tags, you can set up as many button fields
    > (ButtonColumns) as you desire, with each accomplishing a different thing.
    > http://www.ezzylearning.com/tutorial.aspx?tid=5066444
    >
    > This can be done in the code, as well:
    > http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-
    > us/library/system.web.ui.webcontrols.buttoncolumn.aspx
    >

    > --
    > Gregory A. Beamer
    > MVP; MCP: +I, SE, SD, DBA
    >
    > Twitter: @gbworld
    >
    > My vacation and childhood cancer awareness site:
    > http://www.crazycancertour.com

    > | Think outside the box! |

    Mr Beamer, thanks for the info. This is what I need to get me going in the
    right direction.
    .... John

    JohnE, Sep 22, 2009