Auto letters (word ) from ASp.NET

srinivas

HI All,

I am planning to use word object model for printing auto
letters for an ASP.NET application , I am not sure If its
the best way to do it .
The alternative would be use of Crystal Reports .NET and
export to word .

I want to know the best approach , I have read about some
disadv of Word object model
Is there a better alterantive

thank you

John Timney \(Microsoft MVP\)

Its not the object model thats the problem with word, its running it server
side in the context of the web account. Its also a pain as it pops messages
all the time with no one to answer them and gets itself tied up. A better
approach is usually to produce RTF docs, or simply HTML files with a .DOC
extension (that works I think) and stream them to the browser.

--
Regards

John Timney (Microsoft ASP.NET MVP)
<shameless_author_plug>