Auto login & submission

keshavm

Hi All,

I have a link in my webpage.... clicking on it should automatically
log me into yahoo. How do I go about it?

Thanks in advance.

Harlan Messinger

Hi All,

I have a link in my webpage.... clicking on it should automatically
log me into yahoo. How do I go about it?

If your Yahoo is configured to log you in automatically when you click a
bookmark or type an address into the Address field of your browser, then
it will do the same if you click a link to the same address. Otherwise
it won't. There isn't anything magical you can do in a link that will
log you in if Yahoo isn't already configured to log you in automatically.

You can, however, try adding a form to the page where you had intended
to put a link, configuring the form to send the same information as
Yahoo's own login form, and prefilling the name and password fields in
your HTML.

keshavm

If your Yahoo is configured to log you in automatically when you click a
bookmark or type an address into the Address field of your browser, then
it will do the same if you click a link to the same address. Otherwise
it won't. There isn't anything magical you can do in a link that will
log you in if Yahoo isn't already configured to log you in automatically.

You can, however, try adding a form to the page where you had intended
to put a link, configuring the form to send the same information as
Yahoo's own login form, and prefilling the name and password fields in
your HTML.

Hi,

Thanks for the reply.

Yes you are right. I have a form in which I'll proivde my yahoo
username & password.
On submit it should re-direct to yahoo (should not come up with yahoo
login page asking me for username & password)

Joel Shepherd

Yes you are right. I have a form in which I'll proivde my yahoo
username & password. On submit it should re-direct to yahoo (should not come up with yahoo
login page asking me for username & password)

Mmmmm. Is it just me, or does anyone else smell phish?

What purpose does the redirect serve? Why would one willingly enter
account-compromising information for one site into a form from another
site?