    log me into yahoo. How do I go about it?

    Thanks in advance.

    , Jul 6, 2007

  2. wrote:
    > Hi All,
    >
    > I have a link in my webpage.... clicking on it should automatically
    > log me into yahoo. How do I go about it?

    If your Yahoo is configured to log you in automatically when you click a
    bookmark or type an address into the Address field of your browser, then
    it will do the same if you click a link to the same address. Otherwise
    it won't. There isn't anything magical you can do in a link that will
    log you in if Yahoo isn't already configured to log you in automatically.

    You can, however, try adding a form to the page where you had intended
    to put a link, configuring the form to send the same information as
    Yahoo's own login form, and prefilling the name and password fields in
    your HTML.

    Harlan Messinger, Jul 6, 2007

    On Jul 6, 7:59 pm, Harlan Messinger
    <> wrote:
    > wrote:
    > > Hi All,

    > > I have a link in my webpage.... clicking on it should automatically
    > > log me into yahoo. How do I go about it?

    > If your Yahoo is configured to log you in automatically when you click a
    > bookmark or type an address into the Address field of your browser, then
    > it will do the same if you click a link to the same address. Otherwise
    > it won't. There isn't anything magical you can do in a link that will
    > log you in if Yahoo isn't already configured to log you in automatically.
    >
    > You can, however, try adding a form to the page where you had intended
    > to put a link, configuring the form to send the same information as
    > Yahoo's own login form, and prefilling the name and password fields in
    > your HTML.

    Hi,

    Thanks for the reply.

    Yes you are right. I have a form in which I'll proivde my yahoo
    username & password.
    On submit it should re-direct to yahoo (should not come up with yahoo
    login page asking me for username & password)

    , Jul 9, 2007
  4. wrote:

    > On Jul 6, 7:59 pm, Harlan Messinger wrote:
    > > wrote:

    > > > I have a link in my webpage.... clicking on it should automatically
    > > > log me into yahoo. How do I go about it?

    > > You can, however, try adding a form to the page where you had intended
    > > to put a link, configuring the form to send the same information as
    > > Yahoo's own login form, and prefilling the name and password fields in
    > > your HTML.

    > Yes you are right. I have a form in which I'll proivde my yahoo
    > username & password. On submit it should re-direct to yahoo (should not come up with yahoo
    > login page asking me for username & password)

    Mmmmm. Is it just me, or does anyone else smell phish?

    What purpose does the redirect serve? Why would one willingly enter
    account-compromising information for one site into a form from another
    site?

    --
    Joel.

    Joel Shepherd, Jul 9, 2007