Auto messages while opening the class file from sol.. explorer ?

Raghu Raman

Hi all,

Mr Allen, Helped me that i can do auto comment messages in the following
path & is nice.

thanks to Allen.

let us assume that , we have created a auto message like

//
// TODO: Add constructor logic here
//Raghuraman
//

in
\Program Files\Visual Studio
..NET\2003\VC#\VC#Wizards\CSharpAddClassWiz\Templates\1033\NewCSharpFile.
cs

---
***
as per the above statement , am clear to add comments for all the new
classes am going to create.***

now, if i create a new class ,that will come with the message
'Raghuraman' along with the default comments ,fine.Now i can simply
delete the comment 'Raghuraman and put another name here.

***
So for security,it would be highly appriciable, that the specified
comment should be automatically added when ever i open the existing
class from the solution explorer.

***

Regards & thanks
a drop in the ocean

Scott Allen

Hi Raghu:

Glad I could help some.

I'm not sure if I understand the current question.

Do you want to put the current user's name into the file as a comment? Is
this to track who last edited the file? If so, a much better solution is
to use a source control product like Visual SourceSafe, CVS, SVN, SourceGear
Vault. Some are free, some are licensed, using google you can find out more
about each.

Raghu Raman

Hi, Allen .

Actually what i exactly need is , if when ever some one opens my aspx
file from the solution explorer, some user generated comments should be
written automatically.

ie,if some body opens the page and deleted the comment and he closes
the page .when that page is opened nexttime,also the auto comment
should appear eventhough it is deleted.

Regards
Raghu