    refresh the pdf file before it opens.

    Thanks

    Dave

    Dave, May 19, 2004

  2. Hi Dave,

    As for the refreshing the file on serverside before a hyperlink is clicked,
    there hasn't any convenient means to do so as far as I know. Because the
    file is on the serverside which need to use serverside code to manipulate ,
    however the hyperlink click event is at clientside.

    My suggestion is that you do not directly expose the files on the server
    via hyperlinks to user. You can use serverside code to write the file
    stream into the asp.net web page's response stream so as to perform the
    same function. Also, we can even store the files in database and retrieve
    them as binary data from database and write down to page's response stream.
    Here are some tech articles and former threads discussing on this:

    #HOW TO: Write Binary Files to the Browser Using ASP.NET and Visual Basic
    ..NET
    http://support.microsoft.com/?id=307603

    #HOW TO: Write Binary Files to the Browser Using ASP.NET and Visual C# .NET
    http://support.microsoft.com/?id=306654

    http://groups.google.com/groups?hl=en&lr=&ie=UTF-8&threadm=uP1pG8ZfDHA.2352%
    40TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl&rnum=9&prev=/groups%3Fhl%3Den%26lr%3D%26ie%3DUTF-8%26
    q%3Dasp.net%2Bwrite%2Bdownload%2Bstream

    http://groups.google.com/groups?hl=en&lr=&ie=UTF-8&threadm=#bwhcDCAEHA.320
    %40cpmsftngxa06.phx.gbl&rnum=6&prev=/groups%3Fhl%3Den%26lr%3D%26ie%3DUTF-8%2
    6q%3Dasp.net%2B%2Bwrite%2Bpdf%2Bstream%26btnG%3DSearch

    Hope helps. Thanks.

    Regards,

    Steven Cheng
    Microsoft Online Support

    Get Secure! www.microsoft.com/security
    rights.)

    Get Preview at ASP.NET whidbey

    Steven Cheng[MSFT], May 19, 2004

  3. Hi Dave,

    Have you had a chance to check out the suggestions in my last reply or have
    you got any further ideas on this issue? If you have anything unclear or if
    there're anything else we can help, please feel free to post here. Thanks.

    Steven Cheng[MSFT], May 25, 2004