Auto refresh datagrid

aliansari

HI ... i am facing a problem while refreshing my datagrid ... i am
developing a "Real time/Live data Stocks Trading Screen" ... what i
want is to refresh my datagrid without refreshing the whole page ...
there are couple of methods to do this which i know ...
1. Using Frames ... problem is gird will disappear and then redrawn on
the page which i dont want.
2. Using XMLHTTP ... problem is i cant find any samples in .Net.
so if any one of you know any other method or an extension to the
above methods your help will be highly appreciated ... i am willing
to buy any third party component if it can solve my problem ... any
response is appreciated ... Regards Ali Ansari

Rick Strahl [MVP]

The datagrid is not really designed to refresh data from the client side as
it just generates a simple HTML table without any ID tags or other
identifiers.

If you dynamically want to update the cells, you might try generating the
original table with ID tags for each of the cells, then update each of the
cells individually with the data you retrieve in client script.

XMLHTTP would be used on the client side so this is just JavaScript code
that's pretty much independent of ASP.Net. You can probably find some
examples for this if you search Google.

+++ Rick ---

--

Rick Strahl