    help.

    Thanks so much!

    , Dec 12, 2007

  2. Ben Morrow Guest

    Quoth :
    > Hello everyone,
    >
    > We installed perl-Tk-804.026 on a Solaris 10 machine and everything
    > seem to have been installed properly. We were then able to build our
    > executable on the same Solaris 10 machine using perl2exe with no
    > problem it seems; however, when we try to run the actual exe on the
    > same machine. We got some errors like below:
    >
    > PLEASE SEE THE PERL2EXE USER MANUAL UNDER "Can't locate somemodule.pm
    > in @INC"

    Have you done so?

    > FOR AN EXPLANATION OF THE FOLLOWING MESSAGE:
    > Can't locate auto/Tk/getEncoding.al in @INC (@INC contains:
    > PERL2EXE_STORAGE /vol/tools6/clearcase/sol_output /tmp/p2xtmp-17237)
    > at PERL2EXE_STORAGE/Tk/MainWindow.pm line 55
    >
    > So we went to check if there was even a file in auto/Tk/getEncoding.al
    > and found that there was no such file in that directory. Is this file
    > something that comes with perl-Tk-804.026 or is it a file that gets
    > created when installing perl-Tk. If there is anyone out there that
    > has more information about this file, we would really appreciate the
    > help.

    This file is part of perl/Tk; on my system it lives in
    /usr/local/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.8/mach/auto/Tk/getEncoding.al.
    Programs like perl2exe that try to package up Perl modules often have
    difficulty with modules that load things at runtime; I'm sure perl2exe
    has a workaround for it.

    Ben

    Ben Morrow, Dec 12, 2007