Autocomplete and Save Password feature in IE 6.with multiple textb

Melvyn

Hi,

For the current project that I am working on, we have a search textbox on
the header that appears on each and every page. There is a login module on
the home page where we need to implement the Autocomplete and Save Password
by the IE browser.

We have set the autocomplete property of the textboxes to "on". The User ID
autocomplete works but the browsaer does not prompt for saving the password.
We have enabled all the options on Autocomplete from the tools menu.

On further researching, we found out that having more then 2 textboxes on a
form will not cause the browsere to popup to ask for save password. Since
there is a search textbox on the header and by virtue of ASP.Net forms (which
we can have only one on a page), I am in a fix how to make the password save
dialogbox to popup.

We would appreciate if anybody could provide us with the solution.

Regards

Melvyn Taraporewalla