Autocomplete and Save Password feature in IE 6.with multiple textb

Discussion in 'ASP .Net Web Controls' started by Melvyn, Nov 3, 2004.

  1. Melvyn

    Melvyn Guest

    Hi,

    For the current project that I am working on, we have a search textbox on
    the header that appears on each and every page. There is a login module on
    the home page where we need to implement the Autocomplete and Save Password
    by the IE browser.

    We have set the autocomplete property of the textboxes to "on". The User ID
    autocomplete works but the browsaer does not prompt for saving the password.
    We have enabled all the options on Autocomplete from the tools menu.

    On further researching, we found out that having more then 2 textboxes on a
    form will not cause the browsere to popup to ask for save password. Since
    there is a search textbox on the header and by virtue of ASP.Net forms (which
    we can have only one on a page), I am in a fix how to make the password save
    dialogbox to popup.

    We would appreciate if anybody could provide us with the solution.

    Regards

    Melvyn Taraporewalla
    Melvyn, Nov 3, 2004