AutoComplete ComboBox in ASP.NET?

RajW

Is it possible to have an auto complete ComboBox in ASP.NET? I would
like to create a ComboBox that functions similarly to the way that IE
will try to autocomplete a URL as you type it in.

Thanks,
/*Raj*/

Guest

Within the normal framework? No, because the control must ultimately be
rendered as HTML.

DHTML? Possible, but you could end up with something a bit weightier than
you desire (ie, a huge page).

Custom browser? Sure, you can create a browser that does what you desire.

JavaScript? Easiest with a pop up when someone selects that box, but you
have to make sure it stays on top and is not modal, or you will stop the
person who just desires to type things in.

I am not sure I would tackle this, unless it is really important to you, as
it will require extensive testing.

--
Gregory A. Beamer
MVP; MCP: +I, SE, SD, DBA

Think Outside the Box!

Lucas Tam

DHTML? Possible, but you could end up with something a bit weightier
than you desire (ie, a huge page).

You could do it with Javascript remoting (Microsoft calls it Client Side
Postbacks in 2.0) or Dart's live controls.