AutoComplete in ASP:TextBox control in ASP.NET 1.1

rbg.net

I know that there is a autocomplete property for the HTML "INPUT
type=text" control which if set to OFF, disables autocomplete of the
input textbox (doesn't remember previously entered values)

However there is no such corresponding property for the TEXTBOX ASP.NET
Webcontrol in ASP.NET 1.1.

I know that there is a AutoComplete Property in the TEXTBOX ASP.NET
WebControl in ASP.NET 2.0.
Thus I can use AutoComplete.Disabled property in ASP.NET 2.0 to disable
autocompletion of textbox.

My question is how I can disable autocomplete for TEXTBOX ASP.NET
Webcontrol in ASP.NET 1.1??

TIA

Mark Fitzpatrick

You can use the Attributes.Add() method of a control to write the proper
attribute, such as Attributes.Add("Autocomplete","Off"). I believe that's
the syntax but I haven't tried to turn off the autocomplete in code before.