    Jim Freeze
    ----------
    Anybody can win, unless there happens to be a second entry.

    Jim Freeze, Aug 25, 2003

  2. --=-SnqsPAkB+ZaSJtbXFTQ0

    On Llu, 2003-08-25 at 13:17, Jim Freeze wrote:
    > While trying to install the stable version of Ruby
    > I get the following messsage when running autoconf:
    >=20
    > autoconf=20
    > Autoconf requires GNU m4 1.1 or later
    >=20
    > What is m4?
    >=20
    > uname -a
    > SunOS juno 5.8 Generic_108528-19 sun4u sparc SUNW,Ultra-5_10

    It's the Gnu macro processor (autoconf makes heavy use of macros)

    --=20
    Keith Willoughby http://flat222.org/keith/=20
    "I've seldom seen a horny player walk into a bar and not let out exactly
    what he did for a living." - Johnny Bench

    --=-SnqsPAkB+ZaSJtbXFTQ0

    --=-SnqsPAkB+ZaSJtbXFTQ0--

    Keith Willoughby, Aug 25, 2003

  3. Jim Freeze

    Jim Freeze Guest

    On Monday, 25 August 2003 at 21:35:54 +0900, Keith Willoughby wrote:
    > On Llu, 2003-08-25 at 13:17, Jim Freeze wrote:
    > > While trying to install the stable version of Ruby
    > > I get the following messsage when running autoconf:
    > >
    > > autoconf
    > > Autoconf requires GNU m4 1.1 or later
    > >
    > > What is m4?
    > >
    > > uname -a
    > > SunOS juno 5.8 Generic_108528-19 sun4u sparc SUNW,Ultra-5_10

    > It's the Gnu macro processor (autoconf makes heavy use of macros)

    Can you give me a URL to download the macros.
    I can't seem to find them on the gnu site.
    (I've found docs and text files, but no macros.)

    --
    Jim Freeze
    ----------

    Jim Freeze, Aug 25, 2003
  4. --=-CJRAynaQAFhPez0VXRll

    On Llu, 2003-08-25 at 14:36, Jim Freeze wrote:
    > On Monday, 25 August 2003 at 21:35:54 +0900, Keith Willoughby wrote:
    > > On Llu, 2003-08-25 at 13:17, Jim Freeze wrote:
    > > > While trying to install the stable version of Ruby
    > > > I get the following messsage when running autoconf:
    > > >=20
    > > > autoconf=20
    > > > Autoconf requires GNU m4 1.1 or later
    > > >=20
    > > > What is m4?
    > > >=20
    > > > uname -a
    > > > SunOS juno 5.8 Generic_108528-19 sun4u sparc SUNW,Ultra-5_10

    > >=20
    > > It's the Gnu macro processor (autoconf makes heavy use of macros)
    > >=20

    >=20
    > Can you give me a URL to download the macros.
    > I can't seem to find them on the gnu site.
    > (I've found docs and text files, but no macros.)

    It's the actual processor, rather than the macros.

    http://savannah.gnu.org/projects/m4/
    ftp://ftp.gnu.org/pub/gnu/m4=20

    Going back to the beginning, though - are you sure you need to run
    autoconf? Shouldn't ./configure && make be enough? Or are you building
    it from CVS or something?

    --=20
    Keith

    --=-CJRAynaQAFhPez0VXRll