    I'd like to automatically search for optional libs and adjust C compiler
    switchers before starting the build of a the extension module.

    Ciao, Michael.

    =?ISO-8859-1?Q?Michael_Str=F6der?=, Jul 26, 2003

  2. =?ISO-8859-1?Q?Michael_Str=F6der?=

    John J. Lee Guest

    Michael Ströder <> writes:

    > Is it possible to probe for installed libs with DistUtils?
    >
    > I'd like to automatically search for optional libs and adjust C
    > compiler switchers before starting the build of a the extension module.

    Unfortunately, great though it is, distutils can be a bit hard to
    customize. I remember having trouble getting extra gcc switches in,
    and getting data put where it needed to go. Generally, you do
    whatever you like before calling setup(), to figure out library paths
    and such. I haven't heard of any autoconf-like facilities having been
    added. If you have a particular problem, try asking about that.

    I wonder if SCons (pure-Python) could help in some way with this kind
    of stuff? It *does* have some (newish, I think) autoconfiguration
    code, but I don't know if it has any distutils support.

    John

    John J. Lee, Jul 26, 2003

  3. John J. Lee schrieb:
    > Michael Ströder <> writes:

    >>Is it possible to probe for installed libs with DistUtils?

    > I wonder if SCons (pure-Python) could help in some way with this kind
    > of stuff? It *does* have some (newish, I think) autoconfiguration
    > code, but I don't know if it has any distutils support.

    SCons has some support for Library checks. But you may want to have a
    look at Autoscons which offers more stuff (still under development). In
    addition I am currently working on implementing a whole bunch of
    autoconf stuff for Autoscons. If you are interested, I can send you some
    fragments.

    Regards
    Hartmut Goebel
    --
    | Hartmut Goebel | IT-Security -- effizient |
    | | www.goebel-consult.de |

    Hartmut Goebel, Jul 28, 2003