autodemonstrating app

Discussion in 'Java' started by Adam, Jul 7, 2004.

  1. Adam

    Adam Guest

    Hi,

    I have a GUI application and I wish it to be able to
    autodemontrate itself.
    Say, user clicks 'Show demo', then
    demo engine moves the mouse cursor to File->New...
    chooses some options, enters some keyboard input,
    edits some content of the project using mouse cursor
    and keybuard input.

    I know it would be the easiest to prepare some animation
    showing it, but I don't want that.

    I also thought about using awt.Robot for this.
    But I would also like to have an option
    of loading different 'demo scenarios'
    into the demo engine to follow.
    (Like 'New project demo' or
    'Using Help demo' or
    'Performing XXX operation demo')
    So I would have to write a simple scripting
    language for defining the scenarios,
    prepare a demo-scenario-script, load it,
    parse it and use the parsed data as input
    for awt.Robot methods.

    But do I really need to define a new scripting
    language for that? Maybe there is something ready
    I could use.
    How about using www.lua.org as the scripting language,
    or maye as the whole demo engine.
    How hard is it to use that in Java?

    Any comments? other ideas? Thnx in advance.

    regards,
    Adam
    Adam, Jul 7, 2004