    --
    Regards, Terry King ...In The Woods In Vermont

    The one who Dies With The Most Parts LOSES!! What do you need?

    Terry King, Jun 23, 2003

  2. Terry King

    Chris Morris Guest

    Terry King <> writes:
    > I have 100 new users of a domain, with web email. The
    > only way right now to add an address book entry is by filling
    > out a form for each added address. Aghhhh!!
    >
    > Anyone have suggestions / pointers to code to do this???

    If it's just a single-step form then cURL functions (PHP, standalone
    executable, etc) might do it, if you can get the right parameters
    passed. You can fake Referer, User-Agent, etc. if you need to.

    If it's a get-based form then wget would also work.

    A bit of shell-script or other programming to pass the parameters in,
    obviously.

    --
    Chris

    Chris Morris, Jun 23, 2003

  3. In article <>,
    says...
    > Done some searching and didn't find this:
    >
    > I need a way to repetitively fill out a web form
    > from a list of data entries, probably a text file.
    >
    > I have 100 new users of a domain, with web email. The
    > only way right now to add an address book entry is by filling
    > out a form for each added address. Aghhhh!!
    >
    > Anyone have suggestions / pointers to code to do this???

    Surely it depends on your form? You could just dump the addresses in to
    a bit of JavaScript that holds them in an array. You'll need to submit
    the form and send the array index with it so that the page can decide
    which address is next.

    Of course, you're trying to fix the problem completely the wrong way.
    You should be trying to access the address book database directly ...

    --
    Hywel Never knowingly understood
    http://hyweljenkins.co.uk/

    Hywel Jenkins, Jun 23, 2003
  4. Terry King

    Terry King Guest

    > Of course, you're trying to fix the problem completely the wrong way.
    > You should be trying to access the address book database directly ...

    Totally agree!! If POWWEB would condescend to let me at it....

    Terry King, Jun 24, 2003