    thanks,
    aw

    , Dec 16, 2005

  2. wrote:
    > automate launch from Synplify to Quartus ...
    > would TCL work ?
    > any hints ?

    I would try direct synthesis on Quartus first.
    Version 5.1 can handle almost anything Synplify can.

    -- Mike Treseler

    Mike Treseler, Dec 16, 2005

    I have Quartus version 4.2 .. and using Synplify speeds up the entire
    process a lot ..
    Did you ever use Synplify ? Did you experience any difference in speeds
    ?

    Thanks for writing.

    aw

    , Dec 16, 2005
  4. wrote:
    > I have Quartus version 4.2 ..

    You will want to upgrade to 5.2 in any case,
    even if it is just for place+route.

    > and using Synplify speeds up the entire
    > process a lot ..

    I probably run 100 simulations for every
    synthesis, so the fact that Quartus is a
    little slower than Leo or Synplify is
    not a big issue for me. Also note that
    Processing, "start analysis and synthesis"
    skips fitting, but provides a new RTL schematic
    quite quickly. However I do need a full
    compile to check fmax.

    > Did you ever use Synplify ? Did you experience any difference in speeds

    I have demoed it.
    It works fine and like leo,
    covers multiple device vendors.

    > Thanks for writing.