Automate Microsoft Word

Vijay Neelam

How can I automate Microsoft Word from ASP.NET.

My requirement is like this

I have Datagrid with checkboxes... I need to export checkbox selected rows
into Microsoft Word.

I tried to automate using vbscript got some problems on ASP.NET page the
same code worked fine in .html file.

Even automating at server-side and download and open in external window is
also ok.

Please any one help me to solve my problem.

Thank you
Vijay Neelam

Chris Botha

You will have a problem with MS Word, as Microsoft does not support Office
Automation on the server - take a look at
http://support.microsoft.com/?id=257757

However, if you can convince whoever to go for Excel, then you can use ADO
(or ADO.NET) to write to Excel on the server side, which is perfectly safe.
Search on the MS Site for "Excel and ADO" or "Excel and ADO.NET" and you
will find a bunch of articles.