    Any ideas?

    Thanx.
    TJ
    Teresa Jeremy, Sep 18, 2003

  2. Teresa Jeremy

    Bob Walton Guest

    Teresa Jeremy wrote:

    > I'm using ActiveState ActivePerl 5.6 as my helper script for Windows
    > 2K/XP deployment. During OS deployment, I install ActivePerl
    > automatically using the MSI installer. However, I would like to
    > automatically install some additional Perl modules so that I can write
    > computer info back to a mysql database.
    >
    > The perl -MCPAN -e shell command prompts me for configuration info on
    > first run. I'd like to use the Perl Package Manager to automate the
    > installation of additional modules.

    > TJ

    Maybe I'm missing something, but why can't you just include lines like:

    ppm install module-name

    in a DOS batch file that runs on your target computer once Perl is up
    and going on it?

    Or maybe better yet, just prepare a directory on a server with the Perl
    configuration you want, and copy it over and fix up the path and
    environment variables as desired, with no need to do anything else?
    Seems like you're making it way more complicated than it has to be.

    --
    Bob Walton
    Bob Walton, Sep 18, 2003