Automate Python-2.4 Installs on Windows

Discussion in 'Python' started by Brad Tilley, Dec 13, 2004.

  1. Brad Tilley

    Brad Tilley Guest

    Brad Tilley, Dec 13, 2004

  2. =?ISO-8859-1?Q?=22Martin_v=2E_L=F6wis=22?=, Dec 13, 2004

  3. Martin v. Löwis wrote:

    > I personally recommend
    >
    > http://www.python.org/2.4/msi.html
    >
    > to learn about automatic installation.

    which might be great if you know how things work, but is bloody confusing
    if you don't. most importantly, how do you set properties? a couple of larger
    examples wouldn't hurt (which was Brad's point, I think).

    </F>
    Fredrik Lundh, Dec 13, 2004
  4. +1

    Michel Claveau
    Michel Claveau - abstraction méta-galactique non t, Dec 14, 2004
  5. Fredrik Lundh wrote:
    >>http://www.python.org/2.4/msi.html

    > which might be great if you know how things work, but is bloody confusing
    > if you don't. most importantly, how do you set properties?

    How do you know they are called properties?-) I would have thought that
    "Additional parameters can be passed at the end of this command line" is
    precise enough, but perhaps readers ignore it, so I have added an
    example explaining how to do that.

    > a couple of larger examples wouldn't hurt

    Except that I don't know how to do that. Which examples, and where to
    add them? And how make them larger?

    Regards,
    Martin
    =?ISO-8859-1?Q?=22Martin_v=2E_L=F6wis=22?=, Dec 14, 2004
  6. Martin v. Löwis wrote:

    >> which might be great if you know how things work, but is bloody confusing
    >> if you don't. most importantly, how do you set properties?

    > How do you know they are called properties?-) I would have thought that
    > "Additional parameters can be passed at the end of this command line" is precise enough

    not when you call them "properties" in the rest of the document:

    "The property TARGETDIR ...", "A number of properties", etc.

    (and KEY=VALUE isn't exactly standard command-line syntax, even under
    Windows).

    </F>
    Fredrik Lundh, Dec 14, 2004