Automated form submissions

Matty Sarro

Hey everyone.
First, I apologize because I know this question has probably gotten
asked a lot. I am looking to automate filling out web forms, and no,
its not for spamming purposes.

I have looked at mechanize so far, but I'm not sure it quite fits what
I'm looking for. I know it can act as a browser and do some basic work
with forms, but I couldn't find anything in their documentation about
interacting with things like drop down boxes, etc.

Is selenium a better choice for this?
-Matt

Grant Edwards

First, I apologize because I know this question has probably gotten
asked a lot. I am looking to automate filling out web forms, and no,
its not for spamming purposes.

I use ClientForm for that, and I'm happy with it.