Automated HTML code extraction and documenting

Discussion in 'HTML' started by sirleech@gmail.com, Sep 13, 2005.

  1. Guest

    I have an interesting problem on hand. My goal is to find all pages
    within our institution's web domain that contain a certain length of
    form posting code , then report a list of all pages that contain the
    code.

    The reason for searching for the code is that we are looking for all
    pages that links to our campus' search engine. Any user who makes a
    web page on campus can add the search engine easily with the
    appropriate code; in turn it is uncertain the extent of the search
    engine implementation. However, we will be changing the way the search
    engine is accessed and in turn we must find and correct all instances
    of the old code.

    The files that lie under our domain are uncentralized; lying on many
    different web servers throughout the university, so a query on one web
    server will not work.

    My thoughts are that we need a HTML spidering software to crawl
    throughout the entire domain, while at the same time searching for the
    code segment specified and documenting its location.

    If anyone has a better solution, or can possibly point me in the
    direction that I need to go in, it would be much appreciated.
    , Sep 13, 2005