Automated information sending!!

Dado

Every two days I need to send some kind of data through a web site form. The
data is always the same - phone, name, and ad text. It would be great if I
could automate this. I was thinking to create some php script that would
send data-but how to make it automated??

Have any suggestions for me?? Please help!

Ian.H

Every two days I need to send some kind of data through a web site form. The
data is always the same - phone, name, and ad text. It would be great if I
could automate this. I was thinking to create some php script that would
send data-but how to make it automated??

Have any suggestions for me?? Please help!

/etc/crontab

Regards,

Ian

Andy Hassall

Every two days I need to send some kind of data through a web site form. The
data is always the same - phone, name, and ad text. It would be great if I
could automate this. I was thinking to create some php script that would
send data-but how to make it automated??

Perl's WWW::Mechanize module makes this sort of thing trivial.
Use cron for scheduling.

MeIsDavid

Ian.H said:
/etc/crontab

Yes, of course use a cron but the corn should only be used as an on/off
switch - not as a program.

If you data is stored in a database table, then use a php or perl script to
select the data and mail the contents.
If the data is in a file then cat the file and mail the contents.
If the data *never* changes use a script with the content in the script
itself.

Then use a cron to kick of the program.

Ian.H

On Sun, 04 Apr 2004 17:57:56 +0000, MeIsDavid wrote:

[ snip ]

I was thinking to create some php script that would

Yes, of course use a cron but the corn should only be used as an on/off
switch - not as a program.

The question wasn't:

"How would I code this script?"

or words to that effect.. or was how I read it anyway =)

Regards,

Ian