    could automate this. I was thinking to create some php script that would
    send data-but how to make it automated??

    Have any suggestions for me?? Please help!

    Dado, Apr 4, 2004

  2. Dado

    Ian.H Guest

    On Sun, 04 Apr 2004 18:13:05 +0200, Dado wrote:

    > Every two days I need to send some kind of data through a web site form. The
    > data is always the same - phone, name, and ad text. It would be great if I
    > could automate this. I was thinking to create some php script that would
    > send data-but how to make it automated??
    >
    > Have any suggestions for me?? Please help!

    /etc/crontab

    Regards,

    Ian

    --
    Ian.H
    digiServ Network

    Ian.H, Apr 4, 2004

  3. Dado

    Andy Hassall Guest

    On Sun, 4 Apr 2004 18:13:05 +0200, "Dado" <>
    wrote:

    >Every two days I need to send some kind of data through a web site form. The
    >data is always the same - phone, name, and ad text. It would be great if I
    >could automate this. I was thinking to create some php script that would
    >send data-but how to make it automated??

    Perl's WWW::Mechanize module makes this sort of thing trivial.
    Use cron for scheduling.

    --
    Andy Hassall <> / Space: disk usage analysis tool
    http://www.andyh.co.uk / http://www.andyhsoftware.co.uk/space

    Andy Hassall, Apr 4, 2004
  4. Dado

    MeIsDavid Guest

    "Ian.H" <> wrote in message
    > On Sun, 04 Apr 2004 18:13:05 +0200, Dado wrote:
    >
    > > Every two days I need to send some kind of data through a web site form.

    The
    > > data is always the same - phone, name, and ad text. It would be great if

    > > could automate this. I was thinking to create some php script that would
    > > send data-but how to make it automated??
    > >
    > > Have any suggestions for me?? Please help!

    > /etc/crontab

    Yes, of course use a cron but the corn should only be used as an on/off
    switch - not as a program.

    If you data is stored in a database table, then use a php or perl script to
    select the data and mail the contents.
    If the data is in a file then cat the file and mail the contents.
    If the data *never* changes use a script with the content in the script
    itself.

    Then use a cron to kick of the program.

    MeIsDavid, Apr 4, 2004
  5. Dado

    Ian.H Guest

    On Sun, 04 Apr 2004 17:57:56 +0000, MeIsDavid wrote:

    [ snip ]

    > I was thinking to create some php script that would
    >> > send data-but how to make it automated??

    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

    >> > Have any suggestions for me?? Please help!

    >> /etc/crontab

    ^^^^^^^^^^^^

    > Yes, of course use a cron but the corn should only be used as an on/off
    > switch - not as a program.

    The question wasn't:

    "How would I code this script?"

    or words to that effect.. or was how I read it anyway =)

    Regards,

    Ian

    --
    Ian.H