Automated Teller Machine prog

Totti

Hi all,
I am new to Java, i am learning some networking issues using the book
"computer networking - a top-down approach featuring the internet",
which inside of chapter 2, part 2.6 there is a paragraph about socket
programming with TCP, the program provided is in Java, a client/server
application as a host and a web server.
this program made me think of making the same thing but as User/ATM
machine, where the user will have an application where he will be
sending a user name and password to the server, if these info are
correct then the user can access the server, where the server can show
let us say a predefined balance and a menu containing pay, withdraw,
and check, these actions can be chosen from the keyboard and the
server will excute them.

if anybody of the readers has passed through such a program or a
similar one, would you please tell me where i can find it or access
it?

PS. This is not a homework! i m self-teaching.

Thanks in advance